Friday, January 20, 2017

January Whole30(+5): My Meal Plan for Days 11-16

Well I did so much cooking over the last few days that my fridge is full of leftovers.  And thank God because I'm honestly pretty sick of cooking right now.  Days 11 & 12 are just going to be cleaning out the fridge, but I'll be prepping some extra things over the weekend for breakfasts and lunches next week.


  • Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs and Bacon - If I can freaking find Whole30 approved bacon!  When I went shopping on Friday Wegmans was out, so then yesterday I made a special trip to Whole Foods, just for bacon and now I'm not even convinced that the brand I used to get there actually makes it anymore.  They had a ton of different kinds from that brand and they looked high quality, but they all had sugar in them.  The only one labeled "Paleo" with no sugar was turkey bacon.  NOPE.
  • Southwestern Frittata - This is an old favorite that I haven't made in a while, but I'm stick of hardboiled eggs and I've been starving in the morning.
  • Mango Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice - I've had this on my pinterest board forever and I was thrilled when my friend Jes suggested it as our meal for our lunch date this weekend.
  • Lomo Saltado - Basically another take on loaded fries.  You can totally skip the cauli rice, but do not skip the green aji sauce.  It's so good!
  • Paleo Asian Lettuce Wraps - These are so good and you'll only dirty one pan!  I'll probably use pork instead of turkey.  I'll also skip the honey and the dipping sauce all together, they are plenty flavorful (and messy enough) already.
  • Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Bacon - I want to do a little practice round before the super bowl, so I'm going to do enlist Dave to do some grilling and then finish the wings in the oven with some buffalo sauce just like my mom's famous wings! 

How do you get inspired when you get into a rut in the kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...