Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps + 5 More Easy Whole30 Dinners

Take me back, wahhhhhhhh.

September is long gone and our amazing trip to Hawaii has been over for 3 weeks.  I'm still dreaming of the pristine beaches and turquoise water... and endless sushi, loaded kalua pork fries, and pina coladas.  It's really no surprise that when vacation ended, I was unable to flip the switch back to sensible eating.  So after consuming 4 slices of pizza during a lunch meeting at work, I decided that it was time!


Tis the season for weekends full of Halloween parties and Thanksgiving feasts, so I honestly couldn't find any time to do a Whole30 (21, 14, 10... anything).  But because I believe something is always better than nothing, I am doing a Whole5!  It sounded kind of dumb when I first thought of it, but I'm excited for a quick kick in the pants!  I'm hoping to debloat a little and get back in a healthy eating frame of mind.

I'm really excited about my menu for the week, it's full of delicious favorites!  I didn't realize until afterwards that it was full of ground meat, but I like all the recipes so much I didn't want to change any and it will allow me to buy organic without spending a fortune.

Sunday

Monday
  • Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro Lime Slaw and Pineapple Salsa (recipe below!)

Tuesday
Apparently I've never felt compelled to take a photo of these meatballs.  Although they are delicious, they look pretty unattractive.  Maroon sun dried tomatoes + green basil = brown pile on top of your meatballs lol.  Don't judge the pesto goodness by its gross appearance!

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

And now, time for a new recipe!


Because ain't nobody got time fo making their own Paleo tortillas or breading and frying fish.  Like most of my recipes, this one is pretty loose.  I generally don't measure things while I'm cooking and to be honest, I don't really think you can mess this one up!  Just remember to taste things as you go and don't start with a heavy hand, you can always add more later.

Ingredients:
Fish:
- 1 lb of cod filet (or tilapia, mahi mahi, whatever you like)
- EVOO
- Lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chipotle powder
- Cumin
- Cayenne

Cilantro Lime Slaw:
- Thinly sliced cabbage (shortcut: use a bag of coleslaw mix)
- Thinly sliced carrot
- Lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper

Homemade Pineapple Salsa:
- Diced pineapple
- Diced tomato
- Diced onion
- Minced jalapeno (optional)
- Lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper

Other:
- Romaine, iceberg, or butter lettuce for wraps
- Avocado
- Hot sauce (optional)

Directions: 
1. Cover fish with a splash of EVOO and squirt of lime juice and then sprinkle a generous portion of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder, cumin, and cayenne on both sides.
2. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes (or until fish begins to easily flake with a fork).
3. In a bowl, combine all slaw ingredients and place in the fridge.
4. In a bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and place in the fridge.
5. Prep lettuce wraps & slice avocado.
6. Pile all ingredients in lettuce wraps and prepare for a delicious messy feast!

Anybody interested in joining me for 5 days of clean eating?  It's only 5 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...