Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekly Workouts - Planks & Modified WODs

Lots of planks and modifications this week... trying to do good things for my back!

S - Some walking in Philly but mostly rest.

M - Living room yoga

T - CrossFit 
  • WOD: 4 minute AMRAP x 3
    • 4 Power Snatches (115/75)
    • 8 Overhead Squats
    • 12 Box Jumps (24/20)
    • (2:00 rest between AMRAPs)
    I used 65# and finished 7 rounds + 5 reps!  I probably should've Rxed since I got more reps than everyone else in the class, but sometimes you just need a nice confidence boosting workout.  I also think I like overhead squats more than most people and I was killing it on my box jumps! 
W - 1.88 mi with Butler and some planks in the park



Th - CrossFit + 2 miles with Butler
  • WOD: 5 rounds
    • 15 Toes to Bar
    • 20 Calorie Row
    • 25 Wallballs (14/20)
    • (20 minute cap)
    My back sucks, so I modified the toes to bar to just hanging knee raises and I used a 10 lbs medicine ball and did a quarter squat for my wallballs.  I was at 22 wallballs in my last round when the clock ran out, so I just finished anyway.  I officially called to make an appointment with the physical therapist everyone at my gym recommends and I found out I actually need a prescription for PT.  I missed the memo on that one.  I guess she used to do consultations without an Rx, but not anymore.  So I made an appointment with my doctor for August 4th, which is probably good since I don't remember when I had my last physical.  Hopefully my doc doesn't deny my Rx request and tell me to stop CrossFitting... otherwise I might be looking for a new doctor.  We'll see.
F - CrossFit
  • Strength: Clean + Squat Clean, 8 sets - I skipped the squat cleans because they didn't feel great.  I wore the belt and got up to 120 lbs (15 under my max) before I decided I probably shouldn't be lifting this heavy and dropped some weight off my bar for my last couple of sets.
  • WOD:
    • 100 Kettlebell Swings (70/53)
    • 200 m Run every time you take a break
    • (10 minute cap)
    Another modified workout since KB swings are not a back friendly activity.  I switched between planks and push ups with the 200 m run every time I took a break.  I ended up doing a plank (run) 20 push ups (run) plank (run) 20 push ups (run) and then 1 minute 30 seconds of planking to finish. 

S - Rest

And most of my friends have seen this already, but I couldn't not share it here too!



Hope your Monday was quick and painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...