Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Whole30: Week 2 Meal Plan


Breakfast will be leftover Southwestern Frittata (which was delicious this afternoon btw!) for 3 days and the other 2 week days will be Lara Bars and fruit.  I'll be doing tea if it moves me, I'm not so sure about coffee after yesterday, although I've drank coffee on a semi regular basis without getting regular tummy aches, so I don't know!  Snacks will be fruit, raisins, and maybe some hard boiled eggs.

Monday
  • Lunch: Leftover Slow-Cooker Italian Pork Roast (another awesome recipe and it was so easy, make this!) with leftover cauliflower
  • Dinner: Blue Ribbon Country Captain Chicken from Well Fed with steamed spinach and roasted broccoli
Tuesday
  • Lunch: Leftover BRCC Chicken with frozen veggies
  • Dinner: Grandma Barbara's Stuffed Mushrooms from Practical Paleo that I'll be cooking with my mom before a cheer meeting, but there will be a pot roast with carrots and sweet potatoes in the crockpot at home for Dave and lunch leftovers
Wednesday
  • Lunch: Leftover pot roast, carrots, and sweet potatoes
  • Dinner: Chorizo Meatballs from Practical Paleo over cauliflower mash
Thursday
  • Lunch: Leftover Chorizo Meatballs and cauliflower mash
  • Dinner: At my parents' before cheer practice, leftover Stuffed Mushrooms if there are any or eggs
Friday
  • Lunch: Whatever leftovers we have
  • Dinner: Sarah's Crab Cakes: 
    1 lb claw crab meat, 2 eggs, 4 Tbsp dried parsley, 4 tsp old bay, 4 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, a few shakes of black pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder. Combine all ingredients but crab meat.  Then mix in crab meat with your hands, without over mixing and breaking the crab apart. Shape into 3" cakes, about 1/2"-1" thick. Pan sear in coconut oil until hot throughout and seared on both sides. Makes about 15 crab cakes. SO good.
Saturday
  • Lunch: Whatever leftovers we have
  • Dinner: Roast beef fundraiser dinner at our church
Sunday is a mystery, but I know I'll go to the grocery store before then.  I'll probably just include Sunday next week's meal plan.

This week is a little more exciting.  I'm going to try a completely new-to-me recipe from Well Fed and another one from Practical Paleo.  I offered to cook dinner with my mama to show her a new recipe and guarantee that I can eat dinner that night.  I'm excited to try Sarah's crab cakes because she posted a picture on our private Facebook group that looked amazing.  I'm happy to have some leftover frittata for breakfast.

OMG, the weekend is almost over!  This was a good one filled with fitness, feasting, friends, and sun.  And now I'm going to try and soak up the last moments of the weekend.  I hope you had a good one.

Do you like trying new recipes or do you stick to your old favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great plan!
    I like to try new recipes. My husband is more leery. Once I find one I like, it goes into regular rotation :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit of a creature of habit and I have a few recipes I use regularly, might have to branch out a bit more and try something new. Week 1 done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crab cakes sound delicious!! I enjoy trying new recipes, but I'm not a fan of recipes that get too complicated. So, as long as it's "doable", I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...