Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spinach, Artichoke, and White Bean Pasta

Cheer practice was cancelled tonight, so I got to go to happy hour and you get a recipe, double win!

I am mildly obsessed with pinterest and all of the mouthwatering recipes on it, but my favorite recipes are the simple ones.  A couple of ingredients, a few no fail steps, and bam you've got yourself a tasty and healthy dinner.

 
Spinach, Artichoke, & White Bean Pasta
(adapted from this recipe)

Ingredients:
- 1/3 of a box of whole wheat pasta
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1/2 a can of white beans
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1-2 spoonfuls of minced garlic
- 1 3 oz square of cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste


Directions:
1.  Cook pasta as directed.
2.  Drain and put pasta back into the pot.  Add in all ingredients except spinach and heat on medium until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are heated through.
3.  Add spinach to wilt.



This was super tasty!  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the beans, because I'm not a huge bean eater (yet?) but they were fine.  The artichokes were my favorite part, they are so yummy.  Just a little warning, the meal was great for dinner but when I tried to reheat the leftovers in the microwave the next day, it wasn't so great.  Cream cheese does not become insta-creamy when you microwave it.  So just grab a hungry friend and gobble it all up!  And feel free to add some random spices, I threw in a little garlic powder and oregano!

Are you on pinterest?

4 comments:

  1. I always have trouble re-heating pasta dishes because the noodles seem to absorb the sauce even more over night. I've never used cream cheese as a white sauce base, hmm...might need to give it a try because this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! No, not on pinterest! I haven't ventured into pinterest or twitter...yet! I probably should to increase readership on my blog, but I am overwhelmed by the thought of additional steps in the social media sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I don't eat pasta very often, let alome with beans... But I should give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...