Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look what I got!!!!!

Best boyfriend ever.  Look what I got for our 2 year anniversary (which is tomorrow)!


I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money to purchase a Garmin.  I figured I was going to start just by mapping my runs out at DailyMile and calculating my average pace over the distance.  Well now my world has been rocked.  I am SO excited to play with my new toy.  Right now it's on the charger but I'm definitely going for a run with it tomorrow (as long as I can figure it out)!

More good news, I went for a run last night and I didn't have any hip pain today, yay!!!!!!!!  I ran 1.81 miles at an extremely slow pace and even walked 0.2 miles in the middle.  I didn't want to push myself, but it felt so great to get out.  I have a pretty random running playlist on my phone and when James Brown came on belting out "Owwww, I feel good, I knew that I would now" I was beaming and thinking, yes this is my jam!  I did a lot of stretching and foam rolling when I got home and I was very pleased when I made it through today without developing any pain.

This injury has taught me that running is a privilege, not everyone is able to go out for a run whenever they want.  I need to take care of my body by providing it with the proper equipment (aka good shoes!) and not adding more mileage than my body is ready for.

Have you ever taken something for granted until it was taken away from you?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome present! I use the RunKeeper app on my phone, but would love a garmin some day. I'm just too cheap to buy one for myself at this point. Enjoy yours (and yay for no pain!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - It's already been 2 years?! Crazy & CONGRATS!!
    #2 - You are a legit runner now! I can't wait to cheer you on at your first 1/2 marathon!
    #3 - As a fellow hip pain sufferer - I'm happy that it has subsided for you. :) I need to go back to the chiro-that's the only way mine goes away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome and thoughtful gift. Good job, Dave! You've seriously got yourself a keeper :-) I'm so happy your hip pain has subsided and you're back out there; I bet it felt great! Can't wait to see you this weekend <3 Maybe if we get everything done early for the party we can take Brynna for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting in a pain-free run! That's such great news!!!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...