Sunday, January 15, 2012

Half Marathon Training: Week 2



Week 2 is in the books!

Week 2:
- Monday 1.5 mi treadmill run, 15:24, 45 mins cross training
- Tuesday, 2 mi treadmill run, 20:49, 30 mins cross training
- Saturday, 3.1 mi treadmill run, 33:05
- Total Mileage = 6.6 mi

I was going to run on Thursday but I did a bunch of squats on Tuesday (with 20 lbs weights in each hand) and my butt/legs were killing me until Friday.  So I decided it would be best to take a rest day and do a ton of stretching.  My training plan includes 4 runs per week, but so far I've only done 3.  I'm really not worried about it because some of the training plans I used to develop mine only had 3 runs per week and I'm just starting out, so I know easing in slowly is a good thing!

running inspiration
I really loathe the treadmill, I just get so bored and want to stop.  I always stare at the screen hoping the minutes will somehow go faster, but on Saturday I covered the screen with my sweatshirt and it really helped.  I really want to run outside.  I was really thinking about it on Saturday, but I just couldn't bring myself to brave the temps.  I am a wuss.

Thank you all for your encouraging words!  I really never thought I would be training for a half marathon, but since putting it out there everyone has been so supportive.  So thanks for all the motivation and keep it coming :D

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thanks girl and yay for blogger's new reply add in, woot!

      Delete
  2. Way to get squatty with those squats! Good work. Tomorrow morning is my day to get squatty.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...